Girls for STEM Home Student Workshops Workshops For Adults Registration
Volunteers & Donors Directions News and Events Photo Gallery Contact Us
Registration (Lobby of Hayes Auditorium) 8:30 am
Breakfast (Old Gym behind Auditorium) 8:00 – 9:30 am
WORKSHOP 1 9:45 – 10:45 am
Break 10:45 – 11:00 am
WORKSHOP 2 11:00 – 12 pm
Closing Session (Hayes Auditorium) 12:00 – 12:30 pm
Lunch (Old Gym behind Auditorium) 12:30 pm
Campus Tour 1:45 pm
The goals of the conference are:
- to provide young women with opportunities to meet and interact with positive women role models who are active in STEM related careers.
- to increase the interest of young women in science, technology, engineering, and Mathematics by providing exciting and fun hands-on learning experiences.
- to encourage young women to study as much math and science as possible to keep a wide range of career choices open to them.
Who Can Attend?
- Any young woman attending 7th or 8th grade in a NYC or Westchester County school, public or private.
- Any parent interested in learning how he/she can be more supportive in encouraging middle school girls to continue their studies in science, technology, engineering and math.
Young women are given the opportunity to do hands-on work that reflects a wide variety of science, technology, engineering and math related careers, guided by women professionals in these fields.
Meeting Role Models
Young women can interact with “Mystery Women” with exciting careers in the science, technology, engineering and math fields, and be inspired to follow in their footsteps. They can ask what the women like about their jobs, and what they had to study to get there. They will learn about many different professions they had never heard of!
AAUW has been proudly bringing this conference to our area since 2003-2004, first in partnership with Barnard College, and now with the College of Mount Saint Vincent.